About WGC 2021
WGC 2021 will build on the IGU’s 90-year history of engaging the foremost policy-makers, business leaders and technical experts to shape the global energy agenda while new commercial innovations and trends are demonstrated in a major trade exhibition open to all.
Hosted by the Korea Gas Union in June 2021, the event aims to promote the role of natural gas in a sustainable future. WGC 2021 has strong support from the Korean Government, Daegu Metropolitan City, KOGAS and global gas industry leaders.
WGC 2021 will take place at EXCO (Daegu Exhibition & Convention Centre), Korea’s leading, purpose-built, world-class exhibition and convention venue. The colourful city of Daegu is situated in the south-east of Korea and is the third-largest metropolitan area in the nation, with over 2.5 million residents. Find out more.
WGC 2021 is a global event where you will meet delegates who are business leaders, experts, and policy makers from across the gas industry. The event provides the perfect opportunity to discuss timely industry issues as well as global agendas – both during the conference programme and through unique networking events.
Exhibition & Sponsorship Opportunities
The exhibition at the world’s largest natural gas conference will host more than 350 exhibitors covering the entire spectrum of the gas industry including producers, buyers, solution providers and related industries. Sponsorship opportunities are also available to position and promote your organization as a market leader. Find out more.
12,000 Participants from 90 Countries
Key Dates to Remember
29 May 2020 Call for Papers Launches
September 2020 Registration Opens (Date TBC)
19 October 2020 Call for Papers Closes
8 February 2021 Author Notification
30 April 2021 Final Presentation File/ Full Paper Due
About World Gas Conference
- Since 1931, the World Gas Conference has been held every three years in the country holding the Presidency of the International Gas Union (IGU). WGC 2021 will mark the culmination of the Korean Presidency, under the theme “A Sustainable Future – Powered by Gas”, and will promote the IGU’s key objectives of raising the voice of natural gas while offering the latest industry updates.
- It is the culmination of three years of IGU research to evaluate all aspects of the natural gas value chain, and is widely acknowledged as the most important global gas industry gathering where you will meet business leaders, experts and policy makers.
- The event provides the perfect opportunity to discuss timely industry issues as well as global agendas – both during the conference program and through unique networking events.
- Plenary speakers include CEOs of major global energy companies and Energy Ministers.
- The exhibition at the world’s largest natural gas conference will host more than 350 exhibitors covering the entire spectrum of the gas industry including producers, buyers, solution providers and related industries. Sponsorship opportunities are also available to position and promote your organization as a market leader.
Previous World Gas Conferences
WGC2021 – Daegu, South Korea
WGC2018 – Washington DC, USA
WGC2015 – Paris, France
WGC2012 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
WGC2009 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
WGC2006 – Amsterdam, Netherlands
WGC2003 – Tokyo, Japan
WGC2000 – Nice, France
WGC1997 – Copenhagen, Denmark
WGC1994 – Milan, Italy
WGC1991 – Berlin, Germany
WGC1988 – Washington DC, USA
WGC1985 – Munich, Germany
WGC1982 – Lausanne, Switzerland
WGC1979 – Toronto, Canada
WGC1976 – London, UK
WGC1973 – Nice, France
WGC1970 – Moscow, Russia
WGC1967 – Hamburg, Germany
WGC1964 – Scheveningen, the Netherlands
WGC1961 – Stockholm, Sweden
WGC1958 – Rome, Italy
WGC1955 – New York, USA
WGC1952 – Brussels, Belgium
WGC1949 – London, UK
WGC1937 – Paris, France
WGC1934 – Zurich, Switzerland
WGC1931 – London, UK